BlackberryLog in to view prices
Homegrown blackberries possess a delicious flavor you just can’t buy from a store. Once this prolific fruit plant is ripe, get ready for an abundant harvest of juicy, sweet berries! Blackberries are notable for their high nutritional contents of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
- Prime-Ark Freedom + Prime-Ark 45 (Zones 4-8)
- Prime-Ark Traveler (Zones 4-9)
- Snowbank (Zones 5-8)
- Arapaho, Apache, Caddo, Chester, Ouachita + Triple Crown (Zones 5-9)
- Sweetie Pie (Zones 5-10)
- Kiowa (Zones 6-9)
- Navaho + Osage (Zones 6-10)
Choose a site that is in full sun and has plenty of room for the ramblers to grow. The soil should be a well-draining, sandy loam with a pH of 5.5-6.5. If you lack an area with sufficient drainage, plan on growing blackberry bushes in a raised bed. Water regularly, providing an inch of water per week depending upon weather conditions.
Blackberry RecipeView recipe
Ingredients (Fruit Mix):
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
9 cups blackberries
Ingredients (Crisp Topping):
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together oats, flour, brown sugar + salt.
3. With a fork, add butter (cut into tablespoon sized pieces) into the dry ingredients until the butter is evenly mixed in.
4. In a separate bowl, combine blackberries, sugar, flour + lemon juice.
5. Lightly grease 9×13 pan. Spread fruit mixture on the bottom + sprinkle the crisp topping evenly over the top.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly + the crisp is golden.